In May, performance artist Laura Milkins embarking on a 5 month journey In Search of the Great America , a mobile radio lab art project. From May – October 2020, she will travel the 48 contiguous United States in a mobile radio lab, asking people to define their great America: past, present and future.
- Where did you grow up and what was it like?
- Was there a time in history that you thought America was great and why?
- What is great about America now for you?
- What does your great America look like in the future?
- Who are we when we are our best as citizens?
In October, the trip will wrap up with a visit to Hawaii and Alaska, where she’ll rent a vehicle and complete the interviews.
Milkins is searching for connection and healing in these divisive times. By visiting 97 cities, across 50 states, and interviewing over 200 guests for this podcast, she hopes to discover the diversity and complexity of this Great America. And perhaps discover the dreams we share in common.